Thursday, January 18, 2007

Happy New Year!

I'm back.

Back at work. Back at blogging. Back in Victoria.

Some things have changed, and some things haven't. I'm now married and I now spend all of my non-work time (which is a lot) with another person. I now sleep in a bed with someone who gives new meaning to the term 'blanket hog'. It's said that you can never really prepare yourself for the trials and joys of marriage. That's true - you can't prepare yourself for waking up every morning at 5am without any covers. There is no subsitute for experience.

Christmas was unfortunately quite a rush. My family and I are the types who enjoy a prolonged, relaxed Christmas. 12 days usually isn't enough, particularly when there is a wedding right in the middle of it. The wedding however was a success by all accounts. People seemed to have enjoyed themselves, and ate and drank well. I only wish I could remember more of it.

No comments: